Futrue Updates/Source Code Downloads

Developer
Aug 27, 2008 at 2:59 AM
I know you guys are busy, I was just wondering if you have any plans to release any new versions of the source code or publish a release in the near future..?

Also after reading the post about the number of tiles etc and the related costs, is this really a possible option for using in a free/community based/style silverlight application...?
Coordinator
Aug 28, 2008 at 3:04 AM
I have some new bits to contribute based on some great work from others around the place. But yes time is against me, off with the flu and am in New Zealand for Tech Ed next week.
The big thing taht stops us from having some release is the missing web services for things like find and the whole licensing thing. The next version of Virtual Earth may address these issues shortly.
I would expect to see some more updates in about 2 weeks from at least me and hopefully a first release of something useable in late October.
The whole project is a learning experience and there is so much to learn in Silverlight. We have good base here so my concentration will be on sorting the annoying bugs, like the panning and mis-zoomlevels and doing some basic documentation.
John.