This project is read-only.

WrapPanel for NavControl Bar...

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:54 AM
If you've downloaded latest, you'll notice something funny going on with the Prototype project.  The list of sources hangs off the NavControl like laundry list.  This has always been part of the design, we've just never added more than 3 sources till now.  So I think what we need is a type of Panel that starts a new column when the current column is full, a WrapPanel.  Also, I think the toolbar itself needs to be better at resizing itself based on content.  This might be a little tricky because the expand/collapse animations do depend on the content size values.

The Silverlight Tool Kit (STK) has a WrapPanel.  I'd like to play around with the STK, but I won't be able to get to it right away.  So anyone want to give this a shot?  Noobie?
Nov 24, 2008 at 4:57 AM
I will have a crack at it ;)

I also was looking at the "toolbar" and thinkning how to make it AutoSize for the size of it's content
Nov 24, 2008 at 7:46 AM
Cool, keep in mind this list could get pretty big.
It would be great to have the demo site show every tile source we support :)
John.
Nov 26, 2008 at 3:05 PM
when I add a ref to the SL toolkik my design view breaks in blend, i add the referance to add the wrap panel...
I am not sure why this is happening and looking to see if I am able to find out what the issue is, mybe it's just me 0.0
Nov 26, 2008 at 3:07 PM
by design view i mean the design view for the template/style in the generic.xaml for the navcontrol in the deepearth project, seems quite strange that just adding a ref to the SL Toolkit should break the disgn view...?
Nov 26, 2008 at 3:45 PM

What happens if you just drop the code for WrapPanel in the project?

Nov 26, 2008 at 4:18 PM
Edited Nov 28, 2008 at 3:14 PM
I fixed it now, it was not really the problem, it is a null ref for an object at design time
so it was just coincidence
Nov 28, 2008 at 3:18 PM
Updated NavControl & MapSourceControl so the ListBox is using a "WrapPanel", this is done in the DeepEarth/Themes/generic.xaml file
I just updated the Style/Template to use a Silverlight Toolkit WrapPanel to display the ListBoxLitems...

but now to use this you are required to have a reference to the "Microsoft.Windows.Controls.dll"

I don't know who people feel about this? 
Nov 29, 2008 at 12:39 AM
I did kind of look at doing what you said but the code was depending on stull in the toolkit project, i will have another look again
Nov 29, 2008 at 4:18 AM
OK, removed the references to the Silverlight Toolkit "Microsoft.Windows.Controls.dll", from DeepEarth and other Silverlight projects

added the files just for the WrapPanel Control to the DeepEarth Project

Updated the "How to setup the solution" page and removed the message about the Silverlight ToolKit as a requirement

it also seems to be working better this way as I would now and then get a funny "Stack Overflow" error using the Silverlight dll & it only worked if I had a reference in all projects, even through it was only used in the DeepEarth project, but I guess the style/template was used in the other projects.. so...?