This project is read-only.

DeepEarth Logo display?

Dec 15, 2008 at 8:47 AM
Hi

I considering using your project, DeepEarth, in a commercial application and have a question about your DeepEarth logo.
First of all, very well designed and coded project, it really is an joy going through it! :)

About the logo, do I HAVE to show the logo in my final production application? I guess I need to show Virtual Earth or GoogleMaps logos, if I use that and if it says so in their license, but I'm having a bit of a problem figuring if I'm allowed to remove your logo?

Thanks in advance,
Qbus
Dec 15, 2008 at 2:45 PM

in the DeepEarth Project

goto the Themes/generic.xaml file

there you will find a Style/Tempate for the Map control

you will see there you can change the Style/Template and update/change or remove the logo etc...

Dec 15, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Sorry if I were to unclear, but I did knew where to alter it if I wanted :)

My question is, am I allowed to removed your logo and replace it? Guess the answer is yes, just wanted to make sure :)

Thanks in advance,
Qbus
Dec 16, 2008 at 12:19 AM
This project is licensed in a way that you can do whatever you like with it, no need to credit the project but we'd obviously love you to share ideas, bug fixes and promote your implimentation if that is possible. We totally understand this is impossible in some cases.
Dec 16, 2008 at 7:56 AM
Sweet, thanks :)
Jan 23, 2009 at 2:33 AM
The generic.xaml template no longer contains our logo by default as of chageset 18096. However any credit you'd like to give to the project is welcome.