Option to disable Spring animation?

Dec 18, 2008 at 3:32 PM
Is there an option to disable the sping animation? 

I would really like to turn this off, because I am drawing lines and I want them to stay visible at all times.
Or at least a solution where they are not hidden for a long time. 
Drawing straight lines on the map works pretty good performance whise, the only thing I am trying to tackle is the wobble effect when the ZoomEnded event is risen.

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2008 at 12:44 AM
We have a team meeting next week to confirm functionality for the next release, the focus is on data.
I'm sure we will be looking at providing a better solution with some sort of incremental updates during the zoom and translation effects to make it stick nicely and grow/shrink.
The current solution is a simple fix so that you won't experience a massive rendering slow down when plotting complex polygons and lines and zooming, we were testing with route lines containing 9,000+ points. I totally agree the endzoom event is very delayed, the onchange event however was firing 50-60 times per zoom level change.
Dec 19, 2008 at 7:14 AM
I agree that a multipointline is very complex. Maybe you could try converting it to an image and scale that? 

Then you would only have to scale a single image instead of multiple points. But ofcourse, I don't have all the knowledge you guys have.

The scenario that I am trying to achieve is drawing a mesh of straight, simple lines. Much like the image below:

Where I would have a maximum of about 25 of those straight (2 point) lines.

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2008 at 2:56 PM
We can easily add property to control enablement of MSI.UseSprings.  Ultimately though, I think we can improve how we are doing things.  One thought I have is to make the GeometryLayer configurable as to the rate of updates.  Right now it loops updates as quickly as it can (Single Frame Animation).  An alternative would be to make this a configurable property (something like FramesPerUpdate).  This way depending on the complexity and quantity of your layer you could set this value to 1 for simple scenarios or set higher for high quantity or complex geometry (e.g. value of 15 would update every half second on a 30fps configuration).