Zooming in beyond the lowest image level

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:19 AM
Hi guys,

I didn't want to create this as an issue as it isn't a problem with DeepEarth. What I was trying to understand was whether or not there was an easy way to determine when a user (or code) has zoomed in to the point that they receive the 'no image' tiles rather than real image data. I assume that the zoom level varies all over the place in terms of the proximity to the ground that real images exist (Cities compared to rural areas or ocean). I suppose that the VE tile server provides these 'no image' tiles as per normal however I wanted to know if they indicate that they are providing these tiles rather than 'real' data.

If this is available, can someone let me know how to find out as I would like to either prevent the user from zooming in that far however only when real map data doesn't exist (or code that is zooming to say a Pushpin location)?

Thanks,

Eric
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2009 at 6:51 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2009 at 6:52 AM
This can be done, there is web service we can use to determine if the imagery exisits, issue could be the performance of this. Basically we return null instead of the URL and it won't render that tile.