This project is read-only.

Contributing to this project

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:02 AM
Hi,

I'm currently working on an extension to DeepEarth that will allow users to plan trips and I would like to submit my work after I'm done. So I'm wondering what is the procedure for being able to submit code? I tried connecting to your source control but without any luck.

Keep up the good work.

Milan
Jan 24, 2009 at 9:15 PM
We welcome contributions to the project, s you have hopefully seen we are very open. At our first release we limited the actual developers with write access to the code so we could manage things and get a series of scheduled releases out.
The process we have in mind is that you can create a task on the issue tracker with your enhancement, attach a ZipFile with the additional classes / changes. Then one of the co-ordinators will take a look and probably have a chat with you. If it is just a once off one, of us can integrate the enhancements, or even better, if you would like to continue to contribute and help us build something amazing we can add you as a developer to the project. We are trying to keep the number down as you can imagine to make it easier to manage and minimise conflicts.

In terms of current timing we are just finish the last few bugs for V1.1, so if your code integrates with the latest changeset then it could very well become part of what will become V2 in a next week.