Remove the "Staging"

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:53 PM
Hello, does anyone know how can I remove the "Staging" from the map?
Developer
Mar 15, 2009 at 12:43 AM
you need to buy an account from Virtual Earth, then you use different URLs / Server for the tiles
the staging server is for people to make and test there applications

else

you can switch to a different map source (TileProvider) other than the virtual earth maps
Mar 15, 2009 at 12:54 AM
Ok, thank you for your answer. Do you maybe know the price of the Virtual Earth account?
Mar 15, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Hi Isvogor,

I’ve looked into it recently. It is difficult to pin down an actual price. They base the cost on transactions (8 tiles = 1 transaction). The best thing is to email sales and see if you can talk with a rep.

Here is part of the response I was given:

There are 2 licensing platforms to choose from, depending on the needs of your application:

Standard Platform: (Access to Find, Geo-Code, and Render calls, Access to all geographic data through service)

· $8,000 / 1,000,000 Transactions on annual term

Advanced Platform: (Access to Find, Geo-Code, Render and Routing (driving directions, mileage calculations, etc.) calls, Access to all geographic data through service)

· $15,000 / 1,500,000 Transactions on annual term

1,000,000 transactions a year is equivalent to 8,000,000 tiles or about 22,000 per day. Even though DeepEarth can spin thru tiles pretty rapidly it would take a lot of usage to get that far. I did a test awhile back, however, zooming from level 0 down to my rooftop and then hecking against the cached tiles C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5, This  gave 540 tile images, so it is possible to rack up the transactions pretty fast.

Google doesn’t allow tile access outside their own API, so the other options are Yahoo, and OSM. I haven’t looked at the cost of Yahoo but have questions about its long term existence. What would MS do with Yahoo Maps if they ever followed thru on a takeover?

One more option in cases where you have just a small geographic extent is to add your own tile pyramid using aerial imagery and/or LiDAR along with OSM for background. In other words you host your own limited extent tile set using the customers resolution data. http://www.maptiler.org/ is a tool to look at for this option.

rkgeorge

Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2009 6:55 PM
To: rkgeorge@cadmaps.com
Subject: Re: Remove the "Staging" [deepearth:50228]

Ok, thank you for your answer. Do you maybe know the price of the Virtual Earth account?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com