DeepEarth without Virtual Earth Map service

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:37 AM
Edited Mar 24, 2009 at 2:40 AM
I would like to use DeepEarth with my own vector data and own WMS and not using the Virtual Earth map. Are there ways to disable the map like in the Virtual Earth API where you can set the map mode to mercator: 

myMap.Mode =

new MercatorMode();

I want to remove the binding so I won't need a Virtual Earth Web Service (VEWS) ID and password.

Developer
Mar 24, 2009 at 3:08 AM
map.BaseLayer.Source =
new BmTileSource(BmMapModes.BlueMarbleWeb);

look in the DeepEarth.Provider project you will see a bunch of different tile providers and there is a WMS one, but the preojection is incorrect

I have made one for the correct projection for deepearth just not uploaded it yet
Mar 24, 2009 at 6:33 AM
Thanks, when changing the map.BaseLayer.Source to WMS I still get the web exception: "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."
Do you need a Virtual Earth Web Service (VEWS) ID and password, if your not using the VeTileSource?

I understand th data of Virtual Earth is a Microsoft provided service, I can live without. But I find the DeepEarth API very usefull. Do you know how deeply involved Microsoft is in DeepEarth since you need an account there running DeepEarth?

I have build a WMS solution based on the Microsoft.VirtualEarth API where no password is required and want to extend it further. But after looking at the Deep Earth API I might better join up there.

Developer
Mar 24, 2009 at 7:25 AM
the prototype project is setup to use the VE Token

you can look in the examples folder, you will see basic examples that do not use the VE token

then you can build up one of them using the controls you want from the prototype project or make your own new controls