Street Map

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:52 AM
Hi

I need to create a street map, I donwload de vesion 1.1 of  Deep Earth and I have no idea of  how start.
I Install the DLLs, and the demos but dosen't works (runtime error), the help no explain nothing, the demos in the Codeplex web has errors, the street map in the web is a link to oher site (http://www.openstreetmap.org/).

Someone can help me?

Regards
Aleajndro
Developer
Apr 1, 2009 at 10:14 PM
Downoad the Source

there you will see examples folder, this has a Open Street maps example

the examples and the prototype sites run fine
I can only think you do not have a Dev Account from VE as the reason you cannot make the project run ...?
Apr 3, 2009 at 11:20 AM
I have my Dev Account from VE. In what section of the web.config I shold put it for the  OpenStreetMap example runs?

Thanks.
Alejandro
Developer
Apr 3, 2009 at 4:21 PM
only the prototype or deepearth example needs the DEV account login and password to run

you see the place near the top of the webconfig

<appSettings>
  <!--
            You need to get a Virtual Earth Web Service (VEWS) ID and password
            by setting up a developer account at https://mappoint-css.live.com/mwssignup
            in order to use VE tiles and services. A free 90 day account takes about 2 hours
            to be provisioned.
        -->
    <add key="VETokenUserName" value=""/>
    <add key="VETokenPassword" value=""/>
    <add key="VETokenServiceUrl" value="http://staging.common.virtualearth.net/find-30/common.asmx"/>
 </appSettings>
Apr 3, 2009 at 11:15 PM
No Way

I Start Again: I Download the DeepEarth V1.1, and I Try to run the OSMDeepEarthExample example, I has install VS 2008 and Silerlight 2 SP1.
When I open the proyect the control of map is show in the design view, the proyects compile fine and when i run it the navcontrol is show in the Internet Explorer, the coordinates are shows too in the lower right corner, but there is no a map.

The icon indicating tha are error on the pages is shows, when twith the following message:
Line 53
Car 13
Unhandled Error in Silvelight 2 Application OSMDeepEarthExample.xap
Code: 4001
Category: Image Error
Code: 0

This is that I try say when I say: Te example No Work.

Regards.
Alejandro.
Apr 3, 2009 at 11:20 PM
If you want the example to work, simply unzip the project to your IIS folder... set the proper VEToken acc and pwd in the Web.config
DeepEarth\Prototype\DeepEarthPrototypeWeb\web.config
or   Examples\VirtualEarth\VEDeepEarthExampleWeb\web.config

If you set the one in Prototype folder,   open the whole solution, set the DeepEarthPrototypeWeb to startup project, and debug, the map should work with VE
Apr 3, 2009 at 11:30 PM

The example is OpenStreetMap/OSMDeepEarthExample is that use the http://www.openstreetmap.org maps and no requieres the  DEV account login and password to run.

I need to open the project to see how works because I need  a street map with the street's names of Buenos Aires to develops a ystem to locate GPS coordinates.

Regards.
Alejandro.

Apr 3, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Then simply
- open the whole solution
- set  \Examples\OpenStreetMap\OSMDeepEarthExampleWeb   to startup project

debug
Developer
Apr 3, 2009 at 11:54 PM
Line 53
Car 13
Unhandled Error in Silvelight 2 Application OSMDeepEarthExample.xap
Code: 4001
Category: Image Error
Code: 0

you might need to add the DeepEarth logo into the ClientBin directory

or update the style to not have the logo or use your own logo
Apr 4, 2009 at 12:01 AM
Thre is no proyect File in\Examples\OpenStreetMap\OSMDeepEarthExampleWeb.
Apr 4, 2009 at 12:02 AM
Where are the DeepEarth logo? or where I can obtain it?
Developer
Apr 4, 2009 at 12:19 AM
DeepEarth Logo...

\Prototype\DeepEarthPrototypeWeb\ClientBin\DeepEarthMap.png

to test out the OpenSteetMaps example

open the DeepEath.sln

then in visual studio solution Explorer
goto the Examples folder and navigate to the \OpenStreetMap\OSMDeepEarthExampleWeb

highlight the OSMDeepEarthExampleWeb project, right click and set as startup project

Set the Defult.aspx page as the start up page

then rebulild the entire solution so all the .dlls etc are created and put in there correct places

then run the solution, you should have the OpenStreetMaps example running in the browser....
Apr 6, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Thanks!!!,

Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!

Now is Working!!!!!!

Regards.
Aleajandro