Compatibility with ArcIMS

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I am trying to explore whether Deepearth can be used (or extended) to display ArcIMS maps. Has anyone explored the same?  Any inputs are appreciated.

Jul 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Hi HemaR,

Yes, anything you are able to export to shp can easily be used as a WMS source. For example you can take your ArcIMS shp layers and  publish them with GeoServer(or MapServer). Then you can use the DeepEarth.Client.Services.WMS

I’ve ported some small projects to Silverlight this way, but I used the MapControl CTP. http://www.cadmaps.com/gisblog/?p=74

DeepEarth would work as well, and as an added bonus doesn’t have any CTP issue to be concerned about.

ArcIMS would be a very good candidate for an upgrade and you would save yourself or your client some annual license fees as well.

See: http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcims/index.html

“Note: ESRI's development of ArcIMS is now limited. Our server GIS development efforts are devoted primarily to ArcGIS Server”

Randy

Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:45 AM
To: rkgeorge@cadmaps.com
Subject: Compatibility with ArcIMS [deepearth:63738]

I am trying to explore whether Deepearth can be used (or extended) to display ArcIMS maps. Has anyone explored the same? Any inputs are appreciated.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:51 AM
Hello Randy,
Thanks for the quick reply. We are using ArcIMS as well as ArcGIS.
what we are trying to do is we are trying to fetch those map services which are being hosted on ArcIMS administrator. If you could tell us whether the deepearth map control supports fetching services from there it would be of great help. We do not want to get into any third party, hence the solution should involve only ArcIMS\ArcGIS and Deepearth.
Thanks,
Hema

Videos Get the latest video streams on movies, Try it!