Problems with running Examples in VS2008 Professional

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Hi folks,

I just downloaded the source of DeepEarth and tried to run it. At first I marked all files as not write-protected, because I need to convert the solution for Visual Studio 2008 professional (german version).

But in the solution, I get about 40 error messages.  An example is the following:

Error in userdefined tool: 'GeocodeService2.xsd': The system couldn't find the file (in Reference.svcmap in Project DeepEarth.Provider.VirtualEarth)

There are a lot more file not found errors.

I want to use DeepEarth with OSM, so I don't really need a VirtualEarth provider. Nevertheless, it stops the project from running because of the error messages. (Yes, I setOSMDeepEarthExampleWeb as startup project, Default.aspx as startpage and rebuild the entire solution) Any ideas to get it running?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Developer
Aug 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Just build the OSMDeepEarthExampleWeb 

or 

remove the virtual earth project from the solution

see if it builds ok then

if it all goes bad, you can always download a freash copy of the code from codeplex

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Ok, I kicked almost everything out of the solution (even in the OSMDeepEarthExample where references to VisualEarth) and it finally runs! Many thanks for the quick response!

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:17 PM

After removeing some of the folders from project, i still go some errors.Can any one tell me which folders, i need to remove to run the solution.

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Hm, not sure if I still remember them all.

In the projekt root, there are 2 projects  (DeepEarth.Provider. ... ) with 'VitualEarth' in the name that have to be removed.

In Examples folder, remove all the folders but the OpenStreetMap folder. All thats left in your solution should be DeepEarth and DeepEarth.Provider projects and the Examples/OpenStreetMap folder.

Additionally you need to remove the references to the VirtualEarth-stuff in the OSM-example. Simply compile the project to locate and remove them.

HTH,

Frank

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Its a good idea to update each service reference used in the DeepEarth.Provider.VirtualEarth project. Simply open up the "Service References" node to display all referenced services. Right click on each and select "Update Service Reference". This will regenerate various files keyed from the respective .xsd and .wsdl documents. That should loose all those errors.

HTH,

DEKC