Zooming / Panning of additional layer

Oct 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Edited Oct 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Dear all,

I'm pretty much a new user of DeepEarth so please be nice if my question is a fearly easy one to answer...

What Im trying to do is add an additonal layer with some opacity to it on my base layer.

My code looks pretty much like this:

OsmTileSource tile = new OsmTileSource(OsmMapModes.Mapnik);
m_Map.BaseLayer.Source = tile;

TileLayer test2 = new TileLayer(m_Map);
test2.Source = new DeepEarth.Provider.WebMapService.WmsTileSource(WmsMapModes.WMS);
test2.Opacity = 0.5;

m_Map.Layers.Add(test2);
m_Map.RefreshSource();

With m_Map being a DeepEarth:Map. DeepEarth code is out of the box from the site, Silverlight version is 3 for both RTW  and SDK and running VS 2008.

When running in IE 6 I'll see both maps on top of each other with one having some opacity.

The problem is that only the base layer seems to be reacting on zoom and pan actions while the added layer does not change at all.

I tried to modify the ZoomOnPixelPoint method in the Map class to make it zoom its layers but without to much of a success. Is there a more easy way to do this?

I only found one person with a somewhat simular problem which went away when he/she used the same size tiles for both (WMS) sources, however I think Im already doing that (OSM and 

http://labs.metacarta.com/wms-c/Basic.py?LAYERS=basic&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&EXCEPTIONS=application%2Fvnd.ogc.se_inimage&SRS=EPSG%3A4326&BBOX=-90,0,0,90&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256)

Any help is much appreciated, thank you and keep up the good work!

[edit typo]

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:43 PM

same problem. I am trying to use WMS layer over OSM. The issue is to have this layer with some opacity, what I cannot get by an overlay.

Any ideas how to cope with that?