Deep Earth with Xaml Map.

Feb 21, 2010 at 9:46 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I have a map as a combination of polygons in a xaml file. How can i use it with deep earth especially since its not a MultiScalableImage? The only thing i will loose here is the true coordinates.

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2010 at 1:39 AM

The DeepEarth map control is very much an enhanced MultiScaleImage control expecting imagery in a Mecator web projection delivered as a set of tiles. You could use an exisiting map provider like Bing, OSM or yahoo and overlay your map as a set of polygons.

Alternatively if you're keen to roll your own map control I'm sure you will find all sorts of useful code here in the project.

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:42 AM
Edited Feb 22, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Thanks SoulSolutions, the type of work i am doing goes extensively with data from villages and towns which non of the providers like google, openstreetmaps provide. I am using Shapefiles here,  so i have to create my own custom shapefiles which have extensive details like marrum roads and villages. The only way i found out was to vectorise them into xaml files. How can i use bing/OSM/Yahoo to overlay my map as polygons?