Invalid Cross-Thread, Source Code 44991

May 14, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Getting an 'Invalid Cross-Thread Access' error on the 

return (TileSource)_Msi.Source

line within TileLayer.cs when I try to run the application.  Using source code 44991.

Developer
May 14, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I am downloading a fresh copy of the source and i will see if i can find the issue

Developer
May 14, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Are you getting issues in the SL4 Branch or the old version?

when do you get the error, when you load up the app, while running, when you do something specific?

I downloaded the current, ran the SL4 branch (as i only have VS2010 installed) i am not getting any errors, but I am only running the Demo App included in the source

there are a lot of changes in the SL4 branch, and I personally have not touched the original version 

May 14, 2010 at 4:04 PM

The SL4 branch, I’m running Silverlight 4 on VS 2010

Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 9:15 AM
To: Robert Sosnowski
Subject: Re: Invalid Cross-Thread, Source Code 44991 [deepearth:212639]

when do you get the error, when you load up the app, while running, when you do something specific?

I downloaded the current, ran the SL4 branch (as i only have VS2010 installed) i am not getting any errors, but I am only running the Demo App included in the source

there are a lot of changes in the SL4 branch, and I personally have not touched the original version

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

May 14, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Is there anything special I have to do with the build…

Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 9:15 AM

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Developer
May 14, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I just downloaded the source and run it, i did nothing special

May 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I will retry; I did have to download the Reactive Extension for .Net from Microsoft as these references were missing. I’m guessing this would have no impact on this error….

Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 10:10 AM

May 14, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Ok,

Just downloaded version again (44991), unzipped folder, went to branch – SL4 – Map, Opened DeepEarth.Upgrade.sln in VS 2010 and ran the application. Same error. I tried using Yahoo and NearMap thinking it may be a permissions issue; same problem on same line for both of these tile sources.

Anything come to mind???

Thanks for the help…..

Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 10:10 AM

Developer
May 14, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I have tried downloading both via TortiseSVN and a Straight download of the CodePlex site

I can run both using any tile source, I am not getting the errors sorry  

Developer
May 14, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Reactive Extension for .Net...

yes you will need this to run the application, generally there should be not .dlls etc in the downloads of the codeplex site

May 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM

No resolution here. I know the earlier source code release 44856 did not have any problems on my PC. I guess I’ll go back to that version until a later date.

Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 11:33 AM

Reactive Extension for .Net...

yes you will need this to run the application, generally there should be not .dlls etc in the downloads of the codeplex site

Developer
May 15, 2010 at 2:21 PM

you are just trying compile the downloaded code as is...
or
are you adding/replacing it with in your own project? 

I am sorry, but I am not getting the errors so I am not sure what the issue is
and no one else has made any comments either way if they have any issues or not 

Developer
May 17, 2010 at 12:52 AM
Edited May 17, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Meridian, there is a new check-in, should solve you problem 

May 17, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Ok, probably a quick fix for you.

On the three source code versions – 45262, 45260, and 45253 there are build errors on the following lines in AnimateBlur.cs (located in MapControl)

var curLevel = Math.Log(((Map)e.Argument).ZoomLevel, 2);

Storyboard.SetTarget(daf, ((Map)e.Argument).BaseLayer.MSI);

The errors occur on e. It seems like e is supposed to be MapEventArgs? Not sure about e.Argument?

Thanks again…..

Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 6:53 PM

Meridian, the is a new check-in, should solve you problem

Developer
May 17, 2010 at 3:02 PM

It was a BackgroundWorker EventArgs

apologies, very silly mistake,
to much caffeine not enough sleep 0.o 

updated/checked-in now 

I downloaded it and complied, no issues
run demo app, no issues  

May 17, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Ok, I’ll give it a go – understand the lack of sleep; nice work….thanks again….

Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 9:03 AM

It was a BackgroundWorker EventArgs

apologies, very silly mistake,
to much caffeine not enough sleep 0.o

updated/checked-in now

I downloaded it and complied, no issues
run demo app, no issues