Tile Source - Not Working??

May 18, 2010 at 1:05 PM

The application comes with OsmTileSource being displayed.  If I comment out the OsmTileSource and add another (BlueMarble, Google, Yahoo, etc) they do not show an image; no error is thrown but no image is displayed either. 

If I go back and try to use OsmTileSource, and run the program again, it will not work now either.  This behavior has been consistent for all the TileSources I've tried. 

Anything that I'm missing?   Which TileSources can I use with this application?

Thanks.....

Developer
May 18, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I will recreate what you are doing from a fresh download of the source

Developer
May 18, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I get the map tiles fine

but i notice a different issue with the width...

I will revert back (is not a large change) or fix now...  

May 18, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Perhaps this width issue is causing the problem? I’ll try it when you are done.

Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:20 AM
To: Robert Sosnowski
Subject: Re: Tile Source - Not Working?? [deepearth:213023]

I get the map tiles fine

but i notice a different issue with the width...

I will revert back (is not a large change) or fix now...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Developer
May 18, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Rolled Back Spatial Reference/Projection changes
should be fine now 

I will ask "Soul Solutions" if he can check the maths/calculations when he has a spare moment and recheck-in the changes

May 18, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Nope that broke the build.

First error is ….MercatorProjection.cs could not be opened (Unspecified Error)

2nd error is ….ISpatialReference.cs could not be opened (Unspecified Error)

Etc…..

Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:36 AM

Rolled Back Spatial Reference/Projection changes
should be fine now

I will ask "Soul Solutions" if he can check the maths/calculations when he has a spare moment and recheck-in the changes

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email deepearth@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Developer
May 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM

added missing files, uninstalling TortoiseSVN, using a different tool

I like TortoiseSVN, but is to many issues all the time missing the files, crashes halfway in a check-in, check-out and other stuff, regularly, maybe it's me?

May 18, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Thanks for the effort, same thing happening – when change the tile source, for example:

MyMap.BaseLayer.Source = new OsmTileSource(OsmMapModes.Osmarend);

//MyMap.BaseLayer.Source = new YhooTileSource(YhooMapModes.YahooStreet);

//MyMap.BaseLayer.Source = new GoogleTileSource(GoogleMapModes.SatelliteHybrid);

Just commenting out one, uncommenting another – rerunning the application, the image disappears. The background becomes on complete solid color, like a light blue or a light gray depending on the tile source used.

And again when I go back to OsmTileSource and try to use it, after I used one of the others, the background image does not work anymore (Note: works fine first time I run application after unzipping file).

Any ideas of what may be causing this behavior? Using IE 7, XP, VS 2010, SL 4.

Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:28 AM

added missing files, uninstalling TortoiseSVN, using a different tool

I like TortoiseSVN, but is to many issues all the time missing the files, crashes halfway in a check-in, check-out and other stuff, regularly, maybe it's me?

Developer
May 18, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I rolled it back to before the changes,

I downloaded "deepearth-45425" (3 times, tested all the providers and buttons on the screen, zoom etc, change tile provider button, etc...)

it is as it was for me, I can use any tile services, swap back, it's all working  

I am sorry I am not sure why, sounds a bit strange as it shows the map tiles the first run?
try clearing the browser cache, but really I am not sure what the issue is sorry 

but I also did not get this on the last check-in either,

just the Geometries for me was always assuming the map was the full width of the screen,

but I could view the map tiles and also swap to and from any Tile Service, and always see the Tiles displayed 

May 18, 2010 at 5:47 PM

OK, thanks for the help, tried the cache, etc. I’ll play with it awhile – if I find out I’ll let you know.

Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:59 AM

I rolled it back to before the changes,

I downloaded "deepearth-45425" (3 times, tested all the providers and buttons on the screen, zoom etc, change tile provider button, etc...)

it is as it was for me, I can use any tile services, swap back, it's all working

I am sorry I am not sure why, sounds a bit strange as it shows the map tiles the first run?
try clearing the browser cache, but really I am not sure what the issue is sorry

but I also did not get this on the last check-in either,

just the Geometries for me was always assuming the map was the full width of the screen,

but I could view the map tiles and also swap to and from any Tile Service, and always see the Tiles displayed

Developer
May 19, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Someone else has downloaded the latest,

they are not getting the same issues as you are getting, seems to be working as expected for them

I also am not getting the issues

so I think it is a local issue for you at the moment,

can't really help much more at this stage sorry

May 19, 2010 at 12:17 PM

This one was a little silliness on my part – too much going on. At any rate, the resolution was to simply switch the solution property settings to Single Startup Project (ExampleControlWeb). Previously it was set to Current Selection. Or I guess I could have set StartUp Project….

We’re looking good…..thanks for all the help over the last few days and the effort in general.

Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:35 PM

Someone else has downloaded the latest,

they are not getting the same issues as you are getting, seems to be working as expected for them

I also am not getting the issues

so I think it is a local issue for you at the moment,

can't really help much more at this stage sorry