New At using DeepEarth

Jul 8, 2010 at 5:13 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I have been trying for the past couple of weeks to use and understand the DeepEarth toolkit but i seem to be getting nowhere. I have downloaded the source code and have been trying to make my own application using the controls provided by the toolkit. I know this may seem simple to most people but I cant seem to get anything to work properly. I have issues where I try to implement something like the  DataRangeSlider but nothing happens and where I get Xaml Parse exceptions. Would anyone please be able to explain how I would use the controls provided in my own application, I know I'm either going about it the wrong way or I'm missing something little which is usually the case with me when it comes to coding.

Also  whenever i try to view the DeepEarth Map control demo on the home page, nothing loads.

Any Help would be very much appriciated

Thanks

Binyamin Lawal

Developer
Jul 8, 2010 at 10:54 PM
DeepEarth Toolkit, is actually for use with "Bing Maps" control

in the DeepEarth download, make sure you set the "Web" project as the
start up project, for some reason is sets the "Silverlight" project as
the start up project
then you should see the Map load
Jul 9, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Sorry if I wasn't very clear, I have done that and the BingMapsToolkit and all its examples work fine when I run the project. I was referring to the DeepEarth Map control online demo
link on the homepage of this site. But my main problem is still using the Controls provided by the Toolkit in my own Bing Maps app, with any of my attempts resulting in the issues I mentioned earlier.

Developer
Jul 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM

I also cannot see that DeepEarth Control demo on the home page of the codeplex project, 
I can see the DeepEarth ToolKit demo page fine

I am not sure why that is, I am not the person who made the update