multiple geometry layers

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Hi,

I think the DeepEarth SL4 branch is looking really promising! I have a question which I would appreciate your help on...

Can you let me know how to create multiple geometry layers in the DeepEarth SL4 branch?

In the SL3 branch it was as simple as adding GeometryLayer object to the map.Layers collection.

In SL4, I notice that there is a geoItems control that binds to the map. This control contains the collection of items that are displayed on the map. Does this support layering? Ideally I would like to have seperate geometry layers, and be able to perform operations on a layer such as switch on/off, zoom to layer, change z-order, etc.

Thanks

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM

I'm having the same problem. I just want to draw simple vector objects, though. Can anyone shed some light to this? How is the usage of geoitems?

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Hi.

By looking through the example project in the branch\DeepEarth_2011\SILVERLIGHT\-branch, I've found how to add geometries (and layers). Have a look at the ScratchPad.xaml.cs, it shows how to add a layer to the map and how to add geometries to the layer:

VectorLayer vl = new VectorLayer();
            this.map.BaseChildren.Add(vl);

Random rng = new Random(1);

for (int i = 0; i < 1000; i++)
            {
                LineString ls = Utilities.Utilities.RandomLine(rng, 2);
                ls.Stroke = Utilities.Utilities.RandomStroke(rng);
                ls.StrokeThickness = rng.Next(1, 4);
                vl.Add(ls.BoundingBox, ls);

}

Looking at the Utilities-file shows how to create geometries.

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:05 AM

OK, for anyone who's interested I just found out how to add Pushpins to the current DeepEarth build, use the DynamicLayer to add Pushpins to a map.