Silverlight Example Loads Forever

Jul 25, 2011 at 1:58 PM
Edited Jul 25, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Hi.

I'm just starting with Silverlight and DeepEarth.

My final goal is to build a Silverlight application (stand-alone or in-browser doesn't matter) with OSM as a map resource.

My problem atm is understanding how to get started with DeepEarth. I tried to follow the "how to start"-guide in the documentation section, but it seems to be a little outdated? I'm using the latest source code  from the svn repository.

So far I tried out the examples from the DEEPEARTH/SILVERLIGHT/Deepearth Solution. When I try the SilverlightApplication1.Web project neither the SilverlightApplication1TestPage.aspx nor the SilverlightApplication1TestPage.html will work. Both give me the Silverlight-Loading-Symbol without any percentages showing and they load on forever, never finishing.

When I paste in the code from ExampleApplication/MainPage.xaml in my own Silverlight Project, I get the same endless loading.

The ExampleApplicationTestPage is working fine.

Any help?

edit: Ok, I was able to use the code from ExampleApplication/MainPage.xaml in my own Silverlight Project. I forgot to copy the Grid.Resources and now it's working in my project.