News on WP7 + Deep Earth?

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:35 PM

I get the feeling activity around this project has ceased. However, I'm going to ask this question anyways.

There has been made some progress on the Silverlight support on WP7 by now. Is there any update planned for Deep Earth to make it usable with the new Silverlight for Phone SDK?

Or is there any quick advice on how to use the current Deep Earth source with the new SL for Phone SDK? I can't get my head around to how to use it yet.

Aug 2, 2011 at 4:18 PM

It works great on WP7.. I´m curently using it for an WP7 app... Just remove Everything from the code that doesnt compile on WP7.. I thing it was HtmlPage

wich was not supported on WP7. And you´ll need to change the panning events + pich to zoom.

Aug 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM

It would be a shame if development on DeepEarth has ceased as it was looking quite promissing.  

Aug 3, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Edited Aug 3, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Ok, I just tried out the deepearth\branch\DeepEarth_2011\WINDOWS_PHONE code and that one works on the spot without having to do any changes. I had problems with the deepearth\branch\WP7 version, since it hadn't been migrated to the new Phone SDK yet.

Some new documentation would be of big help to understand what folder contains what. Something along the lines of dotnetnoobies words in this thread: http://deepearth.codeplex.com/discussions/216748

Jun 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Trying deepearth-65938:

branch\WP7\DeepEarth.WP7.sln: Neither of the projects load. Loading of all of them fails with "error  : The parameter is incorrect."

branch\DeepEarth_2011\WINDOWS_PHONE\DeepEarth_WP.sln: Projects load but solution does not build.

- LocationFormat.cs is missing, also other errors.

Is there any prospect to get a WP7 component built from this changeset? If not, what would be the changeset to try?

Regards