This project is read-only.

RC0 Updates Steps

Oct 13, 2008 at 9:01 AM
Edited Oct 13, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Code Updates

• Downloaded the "deepearth-16258" version of the source for Silverlight Beta2
  • Open solution in Visual Studio 2008
  • Open "DeepEarth.IEventBehavior" class and for "MouseUp" & "MouseDown" change the "MouseEventArgs" to "MouseButtonEventArgs", MouseButtonEventArgs in RC0 contains the ".Handled" property
  • Hit Complie in Visual Studio, then from the list of errors, select and update the "MouseEventArgs" to "MouseButtonEventArgs" in classes that implement the "DeepEarth.IEventBehavior" Interface
  • Next from the list of Errors remove the "args.Handled" tests for the other mouse events, this is all other mouse events that are not fired by the mouse button

Xaml Updates

• Open the "DeepEarthPrototype" project in Expression Blend SP1
  • From the errors list select and update the "Duration" to "GeneratedDuration" in the "Dashboard.xaml"
  • In "Dashboard.xaml" locate <vsm:Style x:Key="spinButtonTemplate" TargetType="Button"> and remove the "vsm:" prefix for the "Setter" tags with the Style, this will then allow the "Style" to work in RC0
  • From the errors list select and remove the remove "Attributes"
    • TextAlignment
    • TextDecorations
    • TextWrapping
    • HorizontalContentAlignment
    • VerticalContentAlignment
    • Padding

• Open the "DeepEarth" project in Expression Blend SP1
  • Open the "generic.xaml" xaml
  • From the errors list select and update the "Duration" to "GeneratedDuration" in the "generic.xaml"
  • Update the "Grid" that contains the "DeepEarth" link to the Codeplex site to a "StackPanel", else the link is fired if you click anywhere under it for the deapth of the page
  • Create a folder named "themes" and move "generic.xaml" into it.

Website Updates

• For "DeepEarthPrototype", "VEDeepEarthExampleWeb" and "OSMDeepEarthExampleWeb"
  • Right click referances and remove the referance to the "Silverlight" dll
  • ReAdd the referance to the "Silverlight" dll, this will make sure you are pointed to the correct RC0 version of the "Silverlight" dll
  • In the "Default.aspx" markup upadte "MinimumVersion" from "2.0.30523" to "2.0.30923.0"

• Complie the websites and run (add your Virtual Earth Web Service (VEWS) ID and password, to the web.config for the Virtual Earth  website projects)

Oct 13, 2008 at 7:10 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2008 at 7:12 PM
FYI, Silverlight 2 RTW will be released tomorrow, October 14.   :)

Press release:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2008/oct08/10-13Silverlight2PR.mspx

Official date at the bottom.
Oct 13, 2008 at 7:32 PM

Silverlight 2 Release is imminent. Get ready now.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Silverlight 2 is about to release to the Web (RTW). When it does, sites built on Silverlight Beta 2 will stop working – don’t let your site be one of them! Get prepared now by testing your site against Silverlight RC0 to ensure compatibility with the upcoming RTW and uninterrupted service for visitors to your site.

this is off the Silverlight.Net site, so I assume that if your site is working with RC0, it is going to work with the RTW
Oct 13, 2008 at 11:29 PM
Very good!
Nice timing for us, no need to branch our code. We can upgrade to RC0 today and then I'm guessing there may be only minor changes tomorrow.
I'll start a new thread to discuss what you all think we need to do before our V1 release.
Oct 14, 2008 at 3:52 PM
The RC0 updated version just seems to run ok with the final release of Silverlight 2

I just installed all the new VS tools and update for Blend and it all loads up and runs just as before, no errors (so far anyway)
Oct 15, 2008 at 12:13 AM
Great work getting the project updated guys! Pity I stuffed it up by having some DLLs checked into source code that shouldn't be there.
If you get the current source you need to manually delete everything but the dll.refresh from "$/deepearth/Examples/OpenStreetMap/OSMDeepEarthExampleWeb/Bin". Aquaseal has these files locked so I can't delete them. Not his fault, I should never have added them. Get it sorted soon.
Moving forward I don't see why anyone should put exclusive locks on any file, you should be able to edit files and deal with merges if required.
thanks,
John.
Oct 15, 2008 at 12:15 AM
Oh so I've deployed the latest to both:
http://deepzoom.soulclients.com/ve/ and
http://deepzoom.soulclients.com/osm/

And updated the home page and the getting started page here. If there is anything missing please let me know or update the content yourself :)
thanks
John.