Having trouble loading solution

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:46 PM
Hi all

I just came across this project today and it looks amazing.  I downloaded the latest build of the code to have a look and have tried to open it up in Visual Studio 2008 but I think I must be having one of those days.  When I open up I get the following error displayed in a message box, You can only add project references to other Silverlight projects in the solution.  If I click through all of these messages then the solution open but only with the web projects loaded all of the Silverlight projects failed to load. 

I have all of the latest bits installed for both VS and Blend.  If anyone could offer any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Dan
Developer
Oct 20, 2008 at 4:07 PM
I have the latest Silverlight 2 version and VS 2008 and Blend SP1

I just downloaded the latest build and opened it,
I get the usual msgbox about "Source Control" and click "OK"
then the next I click "OK" to say I want to work on it temp. copy, and the prject opens fine, no problems...
I have all the Web and Silverlight projects and files
Oct 20, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Hi dotnetnoobie

Thanks for your reply, I have discovered the problem it was the Sourcegear Vault client I have in Visual Studio, it was trying to register the projects under source control and making a royal cock up of the job.  When I disabled the clients I was able to reload the projects successfully.

Thanks