ImageError #4001

Jan 27, 2009 at 8:51 PM
I have searched the posts and have implemented everything properly as far as i can tell, but no matter what I do I get a "ImageError error #4001 in control 'Xaml1':AG_E_NETWORK_ERROR" and the map is all black. I programatically added a Point and that is showing up. I setup the crossdomain.xml as directed in one of the posts, but I could not find a "VE_Files" folder anywhere that another post mentioned. I would appreciate any suggestions and I am eagerly anticipated using this awesome project you have put together! I have signed up for the VE and have the UserID and Password in the web config, as well as having the endpoints pointing to http://dev.virtualearth.net/webservices/v1/geocodeservice/GeocodeService.svc.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2009 at 10:29 PM
The best way to get started is to download our V1.0 release, look at the "prototype" folder, set that web project as the startup project, put your VE credientials in the web.config and press play. There is also an examples folder with a basic OpenStreetMap and VE example.
If you have just signed up for a VE test account then you should be pointing at "staging."
There a quite a number of improvements in the latest code and we will do our best to make getting started as easy as possible.