Added Zoom Slider Control (First version/Draft)

Developer
Feb 3, 2009 at 5:53 PM
Zoom Slider Control added (First version/Draft)

still a couple tricky situations where updates to Slider Thumb need to be worked out, generally around the Toolbar Center Map button & NavControl +/- buttons click just after sliding the Thumb and map is still zooming to new value.
  • Zooms on center of map currently displayed in map control
  • Slider currently still has default Slider Style, update soon
  • Reacts to/updates Slider Thumb, on NavControl +/- zoom buttons, MouseWhere, Map Double Click
  • can drag/slide the Slider Thumb to a position, Thumb stops updating and hold position while map keeps zooming to the value of the Slider Thumb
  • Can click and hold on the Slider bar and Thumb will slide to mouse position and map will Zoom to Thumb value
Developer
Feb 4, 2009 at 5:40 AM
Added Simple Style for Horizontal Slider
Feb 4, 2009 at 7:46 AM
I get a build error with latest changeset (18275) since ZoomSliderControl.cs file is missing. Can you check the file in please ?
Developer
Feb 4, 2009 at 8:05 AM
OK, Added missing file
this is a bad habit of mine
forgeting to add the file in TortiseSVN
Sorry and thank you for letting me know :)
Feb 4, 2009 at 9:23 AM
No worries, easilly done.

Nice control. Does it support a vertical mode ? Would it also be worth adding a zoom 'snap' option so it always goes to an integer zoom level (like the scroll wheel now does) ? 

I'd also resize the side panel height because it currently overlaps your zoom silder control.
Developer
Feb 4, 2009 at 10:13 AM
Yes you can use vertical, but I have just done the style for horizontal right now, but if you set the slider to display in vertical view the control should still behave the same as in horizontal view

you are fee to move resize the slider control, it does not need to be in that location, I just added it there as on my screen size it is still under the "SidePanel"

I will have a look at the "Snap" option, I did not think of that personally but sounds like a good idea and maybe add a property so people can select either mode