SL3 Navigation Pages and DeepEarth

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Greetings

I have been using the VE SL CTP control with SL 3 but clicking the map causes a hard crash ever since I switched to navigation pages. The way I see it I have 2 choices: (1) forget using navigation pages or (2) implement DeepEarth.  Before going with option 2 (which would require some effort with the connersion of my custom pushpins etc.) I wanted to ask if anyone has tried DeepEarth inside of a SL 3 navigation page. Do you think that the same problem encountered by the VE SL CTP control might be encountered by DeepEarth?

Thanks

Paul

FYI, this is the error I get when I click on the VE SL CTP map. I've reported this to the Microsoft team as it is their problem. I'm posting it here in case anyone wants to know the exact error I get.

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

at MS.Internal.XcpImports.CheckHResult(UInt32 hr)
   at MS.Internal.XcpImports.UIElement_HitTestPoint(UIElement element, Point ptHit)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.HitTest(Point point)
   at System.Windows.Media.VisualTreeHelper.FindElementsInHostCoordinates(Point intersectingPoint, UIElement subtree)
   at ComponentArt.Silverlight.UI.Utils.RootClickEventArgs..ctor(Point cp)
   at ComponentArt.Silverlight.UI.Utils.MouseRootClick.OnRootClick(Point clickPoint)
   at ComponentArt.Silverlight.UI.Utils.MouseRootClick.CatchRootClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, String eventName)

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Answered this myself. Works great in SL 3 navigation pages.

Paul

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 9:52 PM

That's great you got it working Paul, I'm still stuck on SL2 for a few more weeks so havn't had the time to look at things like OOB, nav pages, mouse wheel in full screen etc. However I did take a few hours to create a quick SL3 branch if you need it under the client folder.

Let us know if there is any tips you can share.

John.

Sep 30, 2009 at 12:27 PM

No tips John. I took the control as-is.  Had to fix some service reference code-behind classes (as the VS2008 converter wiped them out) but that is already documented in another thread.

I'll definitely take a look at the SL3 branch.

Thanks to you and all of the developers for a great control! As I learn it better I might become more conversant but for now I'm still coming up-to-speed. 

Paul