Custom tiles and arbitrary rotation

Oct 10, 2009 at 5:21 AM
Edited Oct 10, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Hi,

I have a custom tile source that loads my custom maps into the DeepEarth control which works great.  The problem that I have is these maps are pre-rotated so that they fit the screen nicely.  This also means that north relative to the screen can be in any direction (i.e. not always up).  Is there some way that I can create a custom projection, spatial reference, transform, etc that will allow me to use the DeepEarth control and my content?  Basically I want to be able to move my mouse over the map, or place an item on it and ensure that it shows up in the correct position despite the rotation. 

I have some code that I have used before to calculate the necessary rotations based on the geometric bounding box so it may be just a matter of understanding how to use that code with the DeepEarth control.

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I managed to create a custom tile source to get my map.  I also created a SpatialReference that does the correct GeoToLogical and LogicalToGeo conversions but unfortunately the map isn't visible because I am not sure what to put into the other SpatialReference properties. 

I think DeepEarth expects that the map represents the whole world.  Am I correct in this understanding?  Or is it possible to create no worldwide maps for the deep earth control?   You could imagine the map to be just representing a neighborhood and one can't navigate outside of the map.  The map may also be pre rotated as I stated before so that north isn't necessarily up.